ASM MONEY PTY LTD
What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information or an opinion about you as an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not it is recorded in a material form.
What Personal Information do we collect from you?
The types of Personal Information collected by us include your name, address, mobile and telephone numbers, facsimile number and email address and date of birth. If you are seeking an insurance product through us, we may also collect your health information, but we will only do this with your consent.
We may also require details of your company’s ABN and/or ACN, financial information including income and expenses information, asset and liability information, financial statements prepared by your accountant, bank account and credit card details, and your employment and occupation details.
In some circumstances, you may deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. However, in most circumstances, it is impracticable to do so because if you do not provide us with the Personal Information that we require or if you provide it in a way that does not identify you, we are unlikely to be able to assess your application and carry out the services or supply or source the products requested by you.
- making enquiries about or completing an application (in person, via phone, email or internet) for credit or finance for yourself or for a business or company of which you are a director or owner, to become a guarantor to support a third party’s finance or credit application, to lease equipment or for insurance;
- attending our offices;
- visiting our website or participating in an online enquiry.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information and, where relevant, Sensitive Information about your health, in a number of ways, including:
- when you provide us with such information including via telephone, email, business cards, application forms, including finance or credit application forms or any other document provided by you to us;
- when you engage us as your broker to source finance or insurance products or services for you;
- when you visit our website;
- from third parties such as credit reporting bodies (CRB);
- from publicly available sources of information
- any other collection of or incidental or directly or indirectly related to the products or services we may be able to provide to you, on behalf of ourselves or others; and
- from our own records.
When visiting our website the following information may be logged for statistical purposes and for the purposes of improving our services and for the purpose of marketing and advertising: your internet protocol address; the date and time of your visit to our site; the pages that you have accessed and the documents downloaded; website you visited before our website; and the type of browser and operating system you were using. Any such statistical analysis does not identify you.
Tracking technologies such as cookies may be used on our website to recognise a user’s browser each time that user visits our site and to track which pages the user visits whilst on our site and also to send advertisements to your internet protocol address which are relevant to the pages you have visited. These tracking technologies do not personally identify the user. If you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them. However, your use of our website may be affected.
How do we use your Personal Information?
Any Personal and Sensitive Information we collect will be used by us for the following primary purposes:
- as your broker:
- to assess the application for finance made by you, or a company of which you are a director or owner, or as a guarantor;
- to source for you, or for a company of which you may be a director or owner,
- consumer credit for personal, household, domestic or residential investment purposes
- or commercial credit for business purposes and/or
with a suitable credit provider, lessor and/or insurance provider;
- to liaise with credit providers, lessors and/or insurance providers in relation to such finance or insurance products or services, and manage the credit application for such finance or insurance products or services; and
- to assess whether a borrower will be eligible for a finance product or service where you have offered to act as guarantor.
- to manage the application process and undertake reasonably necessary tasks as agent for the credit provider;
- monitoring the performance of our business and providing quality assurance for our products and services;
- responding to your enquiries and feedback regarding our business, our products and services;
- marketing including email marketing, telesales, promotional and educative activities including to advise you about products, services and opportunities that may be of interest to you;
- enforcing the terms and conditions of our engagement with you;
- to third parties for the management of our database, software, hardware or web based systems;
- conducting appropriate credit checks and seeking credit information reports;
- to prevent fraud, crime or other activity that may cause harm in relation to our products or services;
- ensuring compliance with statutory obligations.
We will take reasonable steps to de-identify or destroy your Personal Information when it is no longer required for one of the above purposes.
We may, from time to time, communicate with you directly via email or text message to promote our products or services. On each communication, we will advise how you may unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving such communications. You may, at any time, request not to receive direct marketing communications from us by contacting our Privacy Officer and asking to be removed from the mailing list. There is no fee to unsubscribe from the mailing list.
How is your Personal Information disclosed?
We do not and will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your Personal or Sensitive Information to any other company or organisation, without your prior consent, where that consent is required by law.
You do, however, consent to our use and disclosure of your Personal and Sensitive Information in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- of or incidental to providing our products and services to you or to others as your agent and/or as the agent of the credit provider;
- to promote and market our products and services to you, including but not limited to advising you about new products that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to third parties to whom we outsource any of our functions, including payroll, database management and client satisfaction surveys from time to time;
- of or incidental to a sale of all or part of our business to a third party;
- to protect and enforce our legal rights; and
- as required by law, pursuant to a court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of legal proceedings or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
Disclosure to CRBs
You agree that we may disclose your Personal Information to:
- a CRB if you wish us to obtain a report on your behalf and use any information the CRB provides in that report to assist us to preliminarily assess your credit or guarantor application;
- an insurer or insurers to source any insurances you wish to obtain
- a credit provider or credit providers to apply for finance on your behalf.
The CRB we may disclose your information to is:
Equifax – www.equifax.com.au
PO Box 964, North Sydney, NSW 2058
The privacy policies and credit reporting policies for these credit reporting bodies are available on their websites listed above.
Cross Border Disclosure
We only operate in Australia and do not actively disclose any of your Personal Information or Credit Information to overseas recipients, unless when we have a specific project overseas or with an international entity, which will be covered by its own privacy agreement. In addition, some programs, software or online tools used by us are based in and/or located overseas. For example we use MailChimp to administer our database and emails to you. We also use Zoho CRM, Xero and Google Drive for various purposes in connection with the goods and services we supply to you. Zoho CRM has data centres in USA, Netherlands, India, Singapore, China and Japan. Xero has based in New Zealand. Google Drive is based in the United States of America. Such entities will collect, use and disclose your Personal and/or Credit Information in accordance with their privacy policies which you can view here: http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy; https://www.xero.com/au/about/privacy/; https://policies.google.com/privacy; and https://www.zoho.com/privacy.html
Otherwise, we are unlikely to disclose any of your personal information to overseas recipients.
If you consent to disclosure of some of your Personal and Sensitive Information in this manner, we are not required to take reasonable steps to ensure that such organisations do not breach the APPs in relation to the disclosed information. Having been informed of the possibility that such disclosure may occur, you consent to that disclosure by undertaking or continuing to undertake the type of activities indicating your consent, as specified above.
We are committed to ensuring the security of your Personal and Sensitive Information and we will take all reasonable steps to protect such information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including:
- ensuring the physical security of our premises and databases/records;
- restricting access to personnel who need that information in order for us to be able to provide our products and services; and
- technological measures, such as computer passwords, data back-up, anti-virus software and firewalls.
Please note that our website does not provide systems for secure transmission of Personal and Sensitive Information across the internet, except where otherwise indicated. You should be aware that there are inherent risks in transmitting Personal and Sensitive Information via the internet.
Our website may contain links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practises of such other websites or entities.
We cannot provide any guarantee with respect to the security of your Personal and Sensitive Information and we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the website being linked to the Internet.
How to check or change your details
Our Privacy Officer will endeavour to ensure that your Personal and Sensitive Information is accurate, complete and up to date and relevant to the purpose for which we are able to use such information.
If you wish to amend your Personal or Sensitive Information because it is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact our Privacy Officer. There is no fee for the correction of Personal or Sensitive Information.
If you believe that we have not complied with our obligations pursuant to the Act, or have a complaint about the use or disclosure of your Personal and Sensitive Information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Our Privacy Officer is responsible for liaising with you to ensure that the issues you have raised are fully examined and that your complaint is handled in accordance with this process. We will treat the process, and all the details of your complaint, in strict confidence. If we need to discuss any issues arising from your complaint with a third party, we will obtain your consent first.
We will always try to give you a fair opportunity to explain your case. You should make your initial complaint as clear as possible. We may want to meet you in person to discuss your concerns and try to find a satisfactory solution.
What action will we take in response to your complaint?
We will endeavour to resolve your complaint as soon as possible, but the length of time will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised. You will receive acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint from us within five business days. We will give you an estimate of how long it may take us to deal with the matter but we will endeavour to finalise the matter within 30 days.
After investigating and assessing your complaint, we will decide what action (if any) we should take in response.
Some of the things that we decide to do include:
- take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised;
- provide you with additional information or advice so you can understand what happened and how we have dealt with it; and/or
- take steps to change our policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things.
If we have not resolved a complaint to your satisfaction, you may wish to escalate the matter to the Privacy Commissioner via an online privacy complaint form which can be found for Australia at: https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint
Privacy Officer Details
ASM Money Pty Ltd
Phone: 03 8595 0900